Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Not easy being a good person...

As i started off 2009,
i was quite determined to increase my capacity for others
in as many ways as i am able to....

In the beginning,
I tried to say 'yes' to as many ppl who asked help from me...
I felt that if i was able to lend a hand in little ways,
soon people might see the difference in me...
It was easy at first...
But as time goes by,
I realize it is quite difficult to be a good person all the time...
In fact, it can be tiring too..
How on earth can Mother Theresa be so patient?
It is seemingly impossible in my current situation..
Especially when you know ppl are taking you for granted...
They hope to get everything they need from you
and then give nothing in return...
Not even a simple 'Thank You'...
As much as i want to help,
all i hope for in return is a simple note of appreciation
A simple 'Thank you' will do....
But that has not been the case...
Its quite discouraging
and its only the 2nd month of the year!!
I really do not want to fail my resolution...

So tell me, how am i supposed to respond to such situations?
sigh

1 comment:

Keith Woo said...

Suck it up and lean on Christ. :)

 
Copyright 2009 iamjolin