Saturday, June 7, 2008

Do We Really Need Men?


I've just watched one of my all-time favourites all over again
A Walk to Remember
This movie never fail to make my eyes go teary
and my heart go awwwww each time
If only there's such a guy who'll go the distance
just to make the love of his life smile
oh well, IF ONLY....


I can say that movies have pretty much influenced my expectations for my ideal guy
for my future relationship...
how romantic it wud be....
how i wud go all crazy over it....
hehe...ok dun laugh....
i blif every gal dream of fantasies and fairy tales...
Sad to say that in reality, all these things are not real....
they only happen in de movies...
So *knock knock* wake up gals!!!
sigh


Last nite, I attended a Girls Conference
the topic was Do We Really Need Men?
interesting topic...
most of the points discussed were more of reminders to me...
about our (the girls) expectations on the men...
how these expectations actually changed the guys into what they are today
For example, we gals wan guys who knows how to dress properly, who has flawless skin, stylish hair etc
As a result???
Guys of today are more metrosexual, vain, go for facials(hey, up to now i've nvr been to one), inspect themselves each time they come across a reflective wall etc....
Izit really true??? or izit just they themselves evolving to a sheman?
hmmmm...sth to tink about, gals


Girls nowadays hav a list of wat they wan in a guy...
eg tall,dark,handsome,macho,romantic and the list go on n on
As we are aware, we cant hav all dat we dream of in a guy..
its simply impossible...
therefore we need to sometimes cut down our list and narrow it down to the core values that we cant compromise...
As for me,
he must be godly, loves his family,reliable, responsible, loves and protects me, makes me laugh,
brings out the potential in me, makes me feel needed,faithful, AND....
ok this list is getting longer...
i tink i shud start reviewing my own list...haha


Yesterday spoke of our role in building our man into the best he can be
Man and Woman are made to complement each other
In other words, to supply mutual needs, offsetting mutual lacks n to make each other whole/complete
Gals tend to demand a lot from the men
But we need to remind ourselves that we need to be our best so that he can be his best too....
complementary is the word
Having said all this, dis does not mean guys can sit back n relax....
Guys out there, do your part as well n dun be so kayu!!!!


Before i end,
lemme ask again Do We Really Need Men?
Yes we can definitely survive on our own...
But God created both man and woman...
surely its not by accident but for a purpose...
Physically i dun tink i need men...
i can change the light bulbs on my own...
i can reach high places on my own..(there's sth called ladder)
i can kill cockroaches myself...(errrr, mayb not...hehe...)
But i tink men n women need each other to satisfy emotional needs...
What do u tink??

4 comments:

kaitarng said...

wow..i'm not a girl, but this is really something...i usually don't read the entire post except if it's my own, but i read this from start to end without feeling bored...guys also need to cut down on their list. btw, i love the movie A walk to remember..watched it almost 12 times already. quite embarrassed to tell ppl coz usually only girls have this movie in their Favourite movie list in facebook.

Joshua Lam said...

Hi Jolin,

I m Joshua Lam frm ur home church, rgbc(I think??). We havent met b4 but i see u in church whenever u're bck in church. But anyway here i go.
I think that this post rocks and that i agree totally evrthing wit what u said. So cool to knw that some1 is on the same page wit me.

Check out my frenster blog:

http://joshualam89_2007.blogs.friendster.com/
famous_for_heaven_feared_/

Btw, nice list lolx, but hope it can be shorter. Hahahaha.

See u when i see u.

Anonymous said...

I disagree completely. What about true love? What about chivlary? What about fate and destiny? Are you just telling people to settle? Because there are people out there who all they have is their dreams. And if you take that away what do people have? You girls out there, have faith! Beleive in dreams and do your best to be ready for that person that you want to be with forever. Always remember that dreams come true- what you send into the universe comes back to you. Expect good things to happen and they will. The power of love is limitless, love can and will conquer all things. Love is eternal. John Lennon said it best "all we need is love."

Chuah JoLin said...

Anonymous,

I kept reading your comment over n over again...and i wonder which part of my post u din understand...from i understand from wat u understand, ur tinking dat i'm encouraging the gals out there to be single? well i guess ur a lil wrong here...i tink i concluded this post saying dat both men n women need each other..n wat i meant by stop dreaming is stop having ridiculous expectations from a guy...we cant have everything we dream of in a guy..dats simply impossible..lets be a lil more realistic here ok? In fact by saying dis, i'm actually helping de guys too... =]

 
Copyright 2009 iamjolin