Saturday, February 6, 2010

Have you ever Loved?

Few days ago,
I posted on my facebook status
asking how does one measure their love towards another?
Is it even measurable? Or is it something abstract beyond description?
Is it the extend of happiness and benefits u gain from the relationship?
Or is it the extend of your willingness to give to the relationship?
How can we know we have loved?
I've been thinking a lot bout it...

What is LOVE?

A friend then reminded me of 1 Corinthians 13:4-7.
These verses explained what Love is.
In terms of measuring Love,
perhaps those verses can be our checklist
to see if we have actually loved someone

  • Love is patient
  • Love is kind.
  • It does not envy,
  • it does not boast, it is not proud.
  • It is not rude,
  • it is not self-seeking,
  • it is not easily angered,
  • it keeps no record of wrongs.
  • Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
  • It always protects,
  • always trusts,
  • always hopes,
  • always perseveres.

Love never fails.

Now, will u say that u have loved?

Yes? Think again....

Personally,
I have not achieved all as stated in the 'checklist' above.

So have i really loved?
I guess I have lied to B. Ooooppsss....
Not yet but I do really hope I will one fine day. =)

Dun get me wrong. I do like B very much.

To Love aint easy but it aint impossible.

And that makes "I love you'' so precious.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

that is awesome.

Ron said...

I think that Love is that & so much more. To Love you have to be able to invest your self in someone with out a doubt. To be able to do anything for that person, and expect nothing in return. Because if you love some one, that should be gift enough.

PK 09 said...

Nice :)

Chuah JoLin said...

TO Ron,

What u mentioned is very true and in fact,they are in accordance to the verses i've stated in my post.

"To Love you have to be able to invest your self in someone with out a doubt." = Love always trusts.

"To be able to do anything for that person, and expect nothing in return." = Love is not self-seeking.

"I think that Love is that & so much more."
I'm wondering what more does it involve other than those i mentioned. Do share with me. Wud love to hear from u. =)

May-be Miracles said...

Beautiful blog layout! I had to stop and read your blog b/c it's so unique looking. Great blog...keep it up!

starcakeastrology.blogspot.com said...

Amen sister!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed browsing your blog. It seems to me we have to experience love to know it. And even though we may not be able to label love, to explain it or tell what it is, we know it's special, it's unique and worth holding on to.

Looks like you all had fun. Glad you included mom and dad. I wish you luck, the good kind.

 
Copyright 2009 iamjolin