Wednesday, November 12, 2008

God 'punishes' His Children?

When we face difficulties in life, we constantly ask ourselves some of these questions:
Why do we have to suffer through exams?
Why do my parents have to argue all the time?
Why did my boyfriend leave me for someone else?
Why does money has to be the root of all my problems?
Why do I need to face that irritating Girl every morning?
Why must it be Peter who has to die in dat accident??

"God, why are You allowing me to go through this misery??
Life is so unfair!!!"
We start pointing fingers at others and then God...

"If God loves us, He wouldn't let me through all this..."

Have you ever wonder that God put obstacles in our life
simply because
HE LOVES US??
But how can He allow us to be hurt if He really loves us?

Yes He is the Perfect One...
At the same time, He is also Our Father....

As much as a earthly father loves his children,
he would 'punish' his children...
so that they can learn their lesson...
Dun u tink our father/mother is hurting inside as well when they had to teach us thru the hard way?
I remember seeing tears in my mum's eyes when she used to cane me...
It hurts our parents more than we're hurt physically...
But because they LOVE us so much,
they want us to be a better person....

Just like God
as much as He loves us
He wans us to make us stronger...
Therefore He allow difficult situations(which we perceive as 'punishment')
in our life so dat we can learn better...
Bear in mind dat in every situation of our life,
there is a Greater Purpose behind...
there are always lessons to be learnt...
It depends on how much we allow God to work in us...
After all, He is Our Father....
=)

5 comments:

Adrian Benjamin Lim said...

Hmmmm...

I think God only punishes us if we do wrong la.

Other than that, the pain we go tru are trials and testings to make us stronger,etc.

Chuah JoLin said...

hey,

well, i dun tink God punishes His children at all...which is why i used 'punish' if u notice?
the reason i used the word 'punish' is bcoz we tend to see trials and tribulations in life as a form of punishment from God...In actual fact, God is using them as a tool for us to make us stronger... =)

Anonymous said...

what doesn't kills you, makes you stronger. We grow at every moment. We learn even if we never notice it. i may not be very strong in my belief or maybe not just yet. but yeah.. i agree with jolin.

Anonymous said...

I think the word is 'discipline'. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jo Lin, how are you? Hehe...I stumbled upon your blog and read this post. I find it very encouraging.Thanks for sharing!Do hope you are keeping well yourself. God bless :)

 
Copyright 2009 iamjolin