Saturday, August 16, 2008

95% Emotions 5% Spirituality

Someone recently told me dat when we fall in love,
no matter how 'holy' we are,
it's 95% emotions
while only 5% of spirituality (God) is involved.....
seriously, i've always reminded myself not to let emotions take over me...
But still each time, i fall again n again in dat 95%
then i start to get emo when things don't go the way i expect....
Trust me emotions can blind us from the Truth...
i've been half-blind....


Until Ps Lindy drew us dis illustration during cell last nite

Imagine a pyramid
U and ur potential partner on each side of the pyramid
while God is at the peak
She shared that we shud be looking towards God and not to each other
And as we move closer to Him, he'll bring both of u closer to each other...
Dis illustration really struck me....
I realized I've been relying on my own strength so much...
Dat I almost forgot dat God shud be the focus of all our relationships...
Surrender to Him and allow His will to be done....
After all, He is Our Father.....
He only wans the BEST for us....
especially when
Relationship is the second most Important Decision after our Salvation
Who we're going to marry is going to affect de rest of our life...
Serious matter ey...haha
Dun play play....

Therefore, even now
we shud pray so dat God will prepare us spiritually
and mentally to keep the main thing the Main thing
and never be swept away by emotions
when we fall in love someday...
=p

4 comments:

san*shine said...

haha :) i remember this one! the pyramid thingy. Remembered lindy shared it with us sometime last year! haha or the year before! lol..

but yes it is really important.. must be able to focus on God. otherwise it will only bring u down!

Aik Han said...

Hmm interesting topic... does that indicate you getting a bf soon?

wahahaha...XP

obviouly im kidding~~~ all the best in finding your perfect match ^^

Adrian Benjamin Lim said...

its been quite sometime since i read so much of God in a post bout BGR in any of my friend's blogs.
Keep it up...

i kind of read tru all ur other posts dee, hehe, but lazy to reply coz its like overdue dee.

maybe will give comments on ur newest posts.
Do drop by my blog.

RUN WITH THE WAVE said...

Hey there! Check out my website at www.runwiththewave.com God bless you!

 
Copyright 2009 iamjolin